About Dr. Peter
Dr Peter Paraskevas has been performing liposuction procedures since 2010. His specialty is tumescent liposculpture performed strictly under local anaesthetic. “Sculpture Clinic” was then created to offer discerning patients a dedicated Liposuction Website that would act primarily as an educational source. “Dr Paras”, as he is commonly referred to, has a fellowship from The Australasian College of Cosmetic Surgery. He has also completed Full Graduate Fellowships with Australasian College of Phlebology.
Dr Paraskevas’ passion for liposculpture developed after visiting a colleague’s clinic in Rome, Italy in 2008. He was amazed at the incredible skill and artistic flair required to improve one’s shape with modern day liposculpture and the joy it would subsequently bring to patients. Dr Paraskevas then embarked on a long and arduous road of formal and self-directed education in various forms of liposuction. He visited hands on clinics in Dubai, the USA and Portugal and completed a Master’s Program in Liposuction with American Academy of Aesthetics Medicine. This was held in Dubai and Sharja. He has had the fortunate opportunity to train with some of the best liposculpture surgeons in Australia and the USA.
Dr Paraskevas then acknowledged the importance of formal training and accreditation in Liposculpture and the benefits this has on patient safety and patient outcomes. He therefore decided to obtain Fellowship with the The Australasian College of Cosmetic Surgery (ACCS) and at the same time, receive formal, hands on training in Basic and Advanced Liposuction. His mentors include extremely respected and experienced Liposuctionists most of whom are based in Sydney. He is currently enrolled in the Liposuction Diploma with the ACCS which is considered an advanced program for Liposuction doctors wishing to master all aspects of the procedure.
Dr Paraskevas graduated with a MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) from Monash University in 1999. Since graduating from university, he has always been interested in Cosmetic Medicine and Surgery. He grouped his passion for Family Medicine, Phlebology and Cosmetic Medicine together, before embarking on a career in the specialised field of liposculpture. Dr Paraskevas was born in Melbourne and has lived here all his life.
Dr Paraskevas believes that all doctors should practise with integrity and honour, in the best interests of the patient, for their safety and quality of care, as their highest concerns and in a manner that upholds the dignity of the medical profession.
- MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery – Monash University)
- Certified Sclerotherapist (Australasian College of Phlebology)
- Graduate Certificate of Health Science (Medical Sonography – University of Sydney)
- PHLEBOLOGIST – F.A.C.P. (Fellow of the Australasian College of Phlebology)
- FFMACCS – Fellow of the Australasian College of Cosmetic Surgery
- Full Member of the Australasian College of Phlebology
- Member of the Australian Institute of Ultrasound
- Graduate Fellow of the Australasian College of Phlebology
- Graduate Fellow of the Australasian College of Cosmetic Surgery
- American Academy of Aesthetics Medicine (AAAM)
- Director Paras Clinic – Vein Health Medical Clinic
- Executive Board Member of the Australasian College of Phlebology (ACP)
- Executive Board Member of the Australasian College of Cosmetic Surgery (ACCS)
- Committee Chair of Continuing Professional Education, ACP
- Committee Chair of M.B.S. Committee, ACP
- Committee Chair of Membership Approval Committee, ACP
- Committee Member Board of Censors, ACP
- Chair of the Australasian College of Phlebology Victorian State Faculty